IDT Biologika Corporation is growing and the following position at Gallant Custom Laboratories in Cambridge, Ontario, Canada, needs to be filled
- The Laboratory Technician - Level 3 oversees and carries out the many functions involved in the production of vaccines and bacterins, supporting diagnostic testing functions, blending, bottling, and quality control.
- Accountable for meeting production and/or testing timelines.
- Keep accurate and complete production records.
- Monitor and evaluate production supplies and materials inventory.
- Identify process efficiencies and improvements.
- Assess equipment needs, set up and maintenance.
- Review quality control records, product releases and other documents for accuracy and completeness.
- Prepare, review and up-date SOPs.
- Identify and perform research activities, technology development and implementation.
- Keep detailed experimental records, write research summaries and technical reports for regulatory submissions.
- Lead staff, including training, scheduling and workload planning to meet targets.
- Serve as a back-up and support for laboratory technicians.
- Liaise and communicate with management and all departments to meet the goals of production, diagnostics and quality control.
- Maintain quality systems and regulatory compliance.
- Promote and assure a safe work environment.
- University Undergraduate Degree in Biology, Microbiology, Virology or related sciences.
- Biotechnology Degree or specialized Microbiology education from a Post-Secondary Institution.
- Cell bioreactor or fermentation experience is required.
- Aseptic (sterile) technique in microbiology, virology and tissue culture.
- Research skills for product development and troubleshooting.
- Ability to lead and train colleagues, organize workload and be cross-functional.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, able to work well in a team or independently.
How To Apply
Submit cover letter and resume to contact :
Head of Human Resources
1405 Research Boulevard
Rockville, MD 20850